The main goal of the Haklara Destek Program (Haklara Destek) is to provide financial and organizational development support for rights-based organizations, particularly those that promote human rights. In addition to receiving an organizational grant, the rights-based organizations to be supported through the program will participate in a capacity building module between January 2023 and December 2024.
The first Haklara Destek Program supported 48 rights-based organizations between July 2020 and June 2021. A needs analysis tool created specifically for this program by the Koç University Social Impact Forum was presented to the beneficiaries through the facilitation of guides that provided one-on-one support to these organizations. This tool, which helps organizations decide which support tool to use for which focus area and how often, was used to determine areas for organizational development from the 12 areas listed below:
- Advocacy work planning and implementation, and lobbying
- Rights-based approach
- Access to the target groups
- Financial management
- Financial sustainability
- Project design and implementation
- Organizational visibility
- Collaborations with non-governmental organizations, local administrations, public institutions, etc.
- Strategic plan development
- Human resources planning and management
- Organizational management
- Organizational impact monitoring and assessment
After identifying the areas in which the beneficiaries needed organizational development support, we provided guidance, workshops and webinars for 1 year.
- We organized 4 online experience-sharing sessions for 200 participants
- We conducted workshops on 3 different areas within the course of 15 days.