Each institution benefiting from the Haklara Destek programme conducts a self-assessment at the beginning of the grant period to determine the areas in which it aims to achieve institutional development during the course of the programme. One of the tools used to support the institutions in these areas is workshops and trainings. While the trainings target all institutions, the workshops are conceptualized as smaller group activities in order to ensure that institutions can participate more actively.
The following trainings took place in the first period between June 2020 and July 2021:
Financial Sustainability Training
Facilitator: Betül Selcen Özer
Date: 21-22-24-25-28 December 2020
- Preliminary Data Regarding the Status Quo: Organisations and Financial Sustainability
- Types of Financial Sustainability
- Fundraising Methods
- Who is in Charge of Raising Funds?
- Creating Financial Sustainability Strategies and Connecting them with Communication Strategies
- Commercial Enterprise Model for Organisations
- Funder Institutions & Organisations
Strategic Planning Training
Facilitator: Ruhat Sena Akşener
Date: 7-8-11-12-14 December 2021
- What is Strategic Planning?
- Why Strategic Planning?
- Why is Institutional Strategic Planning Important?
- Risk Analyses
- What is SWOT analysis?
- What is PESTEL analysis?
- Objective Trees & Problem Trees
Everyday Advocacy Training
Date: 8 April 2021
A discussion between Yavuz Önen and Murat Çelikkan on “Shrinking civil space and advocacy in hard times” and skillshare.
Evidence Based Advocacy: The relations of data, information and evidence
Facilitator: Derya Göçer
Date: 12-13 April 2021
- From data to information – The logic and design of research
- From data to information – Methods
- Best cases
Digital Advocacy / Activism
Facilitator: Özgür Mehmet Kütküt
Date: 15 Nisan 2021
- Digital Communication and Introduction to Social Media
- Digital Objective and Audience
- What is Digital Content
- Digital Content Examples
- Digital Advocacy (Method)
- Digital Advocacy (Planning and Tactics)
- Digital Advocacy (Tools)
In addition to these trainings, workshops were held in areas which a large number of institutions had identified as institutional development areas:
Financial Management Workshop I-II
Facilitator: Aysel Ergün
Date: 1. Session 20-22-26-27 October 2020 // 2. Session 12-16-18-23 November 2020
- Accounting and Relevant Regulations
- Finance 101 (Basic Principles and Rules)
- Developing Financial Policies and Financial Planning
- Project Budget Preparation/Implementation, Financial Accounting, Reporting and Financial Planning (case-study)
Project Development and Implementation
Facilitator: Soner Şimşek
Date: 10-14-16-18- 23 December 2020
- Getting to know each other: Needs & Expectations
- Project Concept & Setting the Project Idea
- Logical Framework Approach & Matrix & Theory of Change
- Project Identification Stage & Indicators, Action Plan and Budget
- Project Completion & Monitoring and Evaluation, Approaches and Criteria
Measuring and Managing Organizational Impact
Facilitator: Emel Uysal
Date: 20-21-22-29 January 2021 // 24-26-27 February and 5 March 2021
- What are Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Analysis?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Analysis?
- Why do we want to measure our impact?
- Steps to be considered and followed in Impact Measurement
- Step-by-Step Planning of Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Analysis
- Planning Exercise, Sharing and Feedback
Working with Volunteers
Facilitator: Nisan Su Tablacı
Date: 15-16-23-24 February 2021
- What is Volunteering? Who is a Volunteer?
- Your Organization’s Volunteering Story
- How Do Institutions Define Volunteers?
- Volunteer Participation
- The Importance of Volunteer Participation
- Working with and Treating Volunteers
Campaign Design Workshop
Facilitators: Pınar İlkiz & Kerem Çiftçioğlu
Dates: 17-19-21 March 2021 // 31 Mart- 2-4 Nisan 2021
- Fundamental rights in human rights communication
- Hope based communication
- How to find new tols and approaches in campaign development
- Campaign holders, goals, tools and medium
- Dominant narratives; how human rights organizations read them
- Creating a persona
- Values and stakeholders
Facilitators: Ayça Kurtoğlu & Gökçe Bayrakçeken Tüzel
Date: 4-6-8 Mayıs 2021
- Basic concepts of rights based and gender aware monitoring
- Who does rights based and gender aware monitoring for what?
- Main components of rights based and gender aware monitoring: Different approaches, methods, kinds…
- How the rights based and gender aware monitoring is conducted? The purpose, scope, tools and references
- Supplementary processes of a journey; from monitoring to social change: Evaluation based on monitoring, reporting and feedback