What is LPPD?
LPPD is the Law on the Protection of Personal Data no.6698 issued in order to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of people, particularly the right to privacy, with respect to the processing of personal data, and to set forth obligations of natural and legal persons who process personal data.
Within the scope of the law, personal data is defined as “all the information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person”; while processing is defined as “any operation performed upon personal data such as collection, recording, storage, retention, alteration, re-organization, disclosure, transferring, taking over, making retrievable, classification or preventing the use thereof, fully or partially through automatic means, or provided that the process is part of any data registry system, through non-automatic means.”
The Aim of the Notice Text and the Data Controller Position of the Rights Support Program:
Regarding the personal data of its members, in accordance with Article 10 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data no.6698 (LPPD), the BELLEK Grant Management System (GMS), in order to fulfil its obligation to inform data subjects, presents the statements below to BELLEK GMS users and third parties accessing the program web site (www.haklaradestek.org). The Rights Support Program retains the right to update, at all times, this Statement Text on the Protection of Personal Data within the framework of possible changes to the prevailing legislation.
The Aim of Processing Recorded Personal Data and Their Transfer:
Your personal data is used for the reasons below:
- Confirm identifying information of persons becoming members via the web site/mobile applications;
- Record your address and other necessary information for communication;
- Regarding BELLEK GMS users, to communicate and to provide necessary information;
- To organize all records and documents that will form the basis for operations in an electronic (internet/mobile, etc.) or print media;
- To provide information to public officials upon demand and in accordance with legislation in matters related to public security;
- To increase the satisfaction of BELLEK GMS members and web site users, to organize training sessions in digital and/or physical environments;
- To present proposals to BELLEK GMS users from the program’s contracted institutions, solution partners, and internet media as well as digital programs that the program is a member of and/or is positioned as third parties, to inform BELLEK GMS users about our services;
- Assess complaints and proposals of BELLEK GMS users regarding the program;
- To fulfil our legal obligations and use our rights stated in prevailing legislation;
- To prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
The sharing with third parties of personal data of BELLEK GMS users takes place with the permission of users, and as a rule, data is not transferred to third parties without the approval of users. However, because of and limited to our legal obligations, such data will be, when necessary, shared with courts and other public institutions.
Necessary technical and legal measures are taken to prevent rights violations during data transfer to third parties.
Method of Collecting Personal Data and Its Legal Reason:
Personal data is processed by the Rights Support Program with the consent of BELLEK GMS users and in accordance with legislation provisions. Personal data collected for the abovementioned legal reasons can be processed and transferred for the aims stated in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law, and those stated in this Notice and Consent Text.
Rights of Users as Personal Data Owners:
According to Article 11 of the Law, data owners possess the rights:
- To learn whether their personal data has been processed or not;
- To request information to find out whether their personal data has been processed;
- To learn the purpose of this data processing, and whether this data has been used for the intended purposes;
- To know the third parties, at home or abroad, to whom this personal data has been transferred;
- To request the rectification of incomplete or inaccurate data, and to request notification of operations carried out within this scope to third parties to whom this personal data has been transferred;
- Even if the personal data has been processed in accordance with the Law or other relevant provisions of law, in the event the reasons requiring its processing are void, to request the erasure or destruction of personal data and to request notification of operations carried out within this scope to third parties to whom this personal data has been transferred;
- To object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of personal data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for the data subject and to request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of personal data.
Demands related to the use of said rights may be sent by personal data owners to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to be assessed within the framework of the Policy Regarding the Processing and Protection of Data within the Scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data no. 6698 developed by the Rights Support Program. The Rights Support Program will assess said applications and finalize them within 30 days. Rights Support Program retains the right to demand a fee regarding demands over the tariff of fees (if set) by the Personal Data Protection Board.